Life is like a... - Boring John, World According to

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Life is like a...

Forrest Gump does not live here, so there are no chocolates.

Instead, and this is a thought I've had recently, how to live your life is similar to how to write a novel.

Let me explain (the unexplainable).

Each day we learn something new about ourselves. We may then review what we have learned, what we have done up to that point, and start (another) rewrite, or we may just ignore this new information for another time.

Learning new stuff can confuse the author, whether she be the author of a novel or the author of a life.

Not getting it? Okay, what happens when you argue, fiercely. Why someone gives you a character assassination that's what! We are all characters on Shakespeare's stage.

Allright it's tenuous. It's muddled. It's a great example of "it's lunchtime so just write it" thinking. I know what I mean, but not clearly enough to explain it to you.

I'll get back to the choccies shall I?

Hand 'em over, Forrest, I think that's your bus coming!

No comments: