Book Cover Blurb - Boring John, World According to

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Book Cover Blurb

Well it seems the book is almost ready to be unleashed onto an unsuspecting publishing world. A publisher has been selected; the book synopsis has been written; and many, many words have been rejected in the process.

Apparently, summarising a book like The World According to Boring John has not been easy! Tch, what a lamo He is! Lol

Anyway, I thought I'd include some of those rejected words here, give you a taste if you like of what the book is all about. And I'm happy with the words, because they're my words - natch!

Here goes...

Book Cover Blurb

Ever wondered what the voice inside your head would sound like, as a character, in a novel, that starred you as the writer? No, neither have I - so that makes at least two of us then...

Dear Prospective Reader, I have been given a few paragraphs to explain, for my undoubted sins, just what The World According to Boring John is all about. Well, this unenviable task will be made a lot easier if I begin by telling you what this book is NOT about, I think. So let me do that.

Okay, Boring John is NOT a Harry Potter, a James Bond or even a Bridget Jones novel, and it has not been written by one of those ex-SAS types high on adrenalin and action-adventure. Mystery, romance, and horror do not do their dance here. As to techno-thrillers - que'st-ce que c'est?

The World According to Boring John is simply a moaning monologue about life, the universe and everything - with extras, but without Jeremy Clarkson.

"This is a novel Jim, but not as we know it!"

Boring John is a book about writing, and how to write; about reading, and how to read; about living, and how to live.Yes, it's got the lot! Except there is very little dialogue; the prose rarely dazzles; and the whole story - what little there is of it! - starts and ends with the very same line.

It's a book about two characters, really; two characters who don't get along too well. It's about getting started; and it's about finishing what you start. (I'd say more, but I don't want to give the whole game away.) It could well be the most 'interesting' book that you will read this year, or the biggest waste of your time - it's hard to say.

So who exactly do I think will want to read it? Well, I'm buggered if I know, actually - someone that is still reading this, I guess.

No comments: