Square pegs, round holes... - Boring John, World According to

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Square pegs, round holes...

I've got this scrawled on a tatty piece of (pink) paper. I might as well put it online as not, especially as I've just started thinking of Square Pegs and Round Holes(*)...

"I'm looking for someone, or something, and every woman I meet I think: 'could she be the one?'. Not that I believe in The One or anything like that, but sooner or later I will commit to someone and that's the person I'm referring to here.

"So I'm in a 'situation' and I'm trying my hardest to imagine that, yes, she is the one. I see our lives evolving together, and think of the time when I knew it would always be so.

"I'm never mistaken, either, but I'm also never proved right."


...Even a search through the past does not help. [This bit onwards, I've added.]

And my 'situations' are never fully enjoyed. What you will tolerate for the one who is 'the one', versus what you should not tolerate for anyone. (And who's eat all the pegs?)

Am I that desperate?

I don't think so.

So why am I continually trying to put square pegs into round holes?

[Come back later, for when I am much wiser I will show you the answer.]

In the meantime, my only answer is to live for the moment. Be present, always. And smile...

Even round pegs and square holes like to smile.

(*) Sounds painful? You bet!

No comments: