Who Wants To Be A Nice Guy? - Boring John, World According to

Friday, October 06, 2006

Who Wants To Be A Nice Guy?

According to Joseph Matthews being nice is being selfish.

And I have to agree with him. (Actually reminds me of an earlier thought (of mine) about people who are shy: yes, shy people are selfish people, too.)

This is Joseph says, and I quote:

Here is the typical thought process of Nice Guys:
  • "Don't disagree with me! It's not fair because I do so much for you!!!"
  • "Please be sympathetic and comfort me when I'm upset! I'm needy and can't comfort myself."
  • "Always be in a good mood. I am always trying to make you happy and if I can't, I feel ashamed and mad at you!"
  • "Pay attention to me when I need it! I've earned it after all I've done for you!!!!"
  • "Take care of me by doing what I'm afraid to do! I take care of you, so you need to return the favor!!!!"
Now that is someone who doesn't seem so nice now, eh!

So I say wise up Nice Guys, wise up!

No comments: