"Move over Ego Fatigo" says Boring John - Boring John, World According to

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

"Move over Ego Fatigo" says Boring John

Problem:

I have a thoughtless boyfriend - I want him to be more understanding and supportive - how do I do that eh?

Ego Fatigo and Mahatma Gandhi answers:

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.

---

Wooah! Much as I respect my old mucker Ego Fatigo (and that Gandhi geyser knew a thing or too, also) I have to take issue, serious issue, at the advice being handed out here.

THIS is what the answer to the problem above, my dear reader (don't you agree!)

Boring John Says:

If you wanted an apple then why did you pick an orange!

(Is that a bit harsh, I'm not sure as I don't know the exact situation our problem-owner is talking about. I do speak as an avid member of the [Apple] Club, though, and I will admit to being annoyed when women complain that men are not a member of our club when they never professed to be in the first place. I also get annoyed when women complain that men are not like them. Well, duh!, that's because they're men! (Men that make similarly dumb comparisons to women make me cross too, don't worry.))

Another Problem:

What makes a guy chase after a girl for six months, swear undying love and devotion, promise to solve all her problems, put up with all her hang ups and deal with all her insecurities, then dump her in the worst way after 3 months in a relationship?

Ego Fatigo and Unknown answers:

When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.

No, no, no Ego Fatigo! Man, there's a much better answer below for sure...

Boring John Says:

If you make a man dance for his supper then don't be surprised if he learns his steps a little too well.

Final Problem:

I need a problem

Ego Fatigo Answers:

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

That's better, Ego Fatigo, much better! Keep on persisting [sickish mish] and those problems will soon come knocking on your doorstep, I'm sure!

No comments: