How Do They Do That? - Boring John, World According to

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

How Do They Do That?

How do people do this every day?

  1. Sit in the same traffic jam from Monday to Friday for the same tedious half an hour at the same stretch of road
It's beyond me. I couldn't do it. I don't do it.

It's easy for me, you say, because I don't have [insert the usual reasons here].

No, it's not easy for me because of those reasons, it's easy for me because I couldn't do it. So I change my life so I don't have to.

That means I do (and did) the following:
  • I drive to work at a time when others don't, or
  • I live near where I work, or
  • I work near where I live, and
  • I cycle or walk rather than drive, or
  • I work at home!
And if that means I don't earn as much money then so be it.

It's all about priorities. And my priority is not to have to sit in a mind-numbing queue of car traffic day in, day out. I like my mind, see, and it doesn't like to go numb!

What are your priorities? Whatever they are, they're as valid as mine for sure, but please leave your reasons you have to commute in the box marked excuses, because that's what they are.

You have your priorities, I have mine. That is all.

I'm simply telling you that my priorities don't do gridlock.

Over and out.

PS Next you'll be telling me that you can't afford to buy good food. Oh lordy!

No comments: