Bonkers Conkers! - Boring John, World According to

Monday, November 20, 2006

Bonkers Conkers!

Please don't, laugh too much!

Someone I know very well tells me he had a bit of a shocking kitchen experience, today. He tells me... well this is what he said:

"Please don't laugh too much!

"I'm not sure what you're meant to do with conkers (horse chestnuts) but I tried to [bake] them in my oven just now and - twenty minutes later - several exploded when I brought them out of the oven.

"Chestnut mess everywhere, I can tell you!

"And a non-Superman-like somewhat shell-shocked me trying to move the remaining potential bombs to a safer place.

"Ea-sy!

"Is this normal?"

Tee hee hee!

(Apparently you're suppose to roast chestnuts, not bake them, and only once you've pricked their shell. They don't do ovens very well, it seems. Get a bit antsy, they do, often leading to somewhat explosive behaviour!)

No comments: