Don't you just love it when this happens - Boring John, World According to

Monday, November 20, 2006

Don't you just love it when this happens

37) They laughed at me when I told them that The Simpsons were not a disfunctional family.

(If the clever bods at The Observer agree with me, then that's good enough for me.
  • 37) Those critics who got it wrong at the start by billing the Simpsons as 'America's most dysfunctional family.' It's now clear that Homer almost always ends up doing the right thing; it is, it could be argued, one of the most moral shows on television today. According to Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams: 'It's one of the most subtle pieces of propaganda around in the cause of sense, humility and virtue.'
YES!

And bloody Aled Jones did not sing Walking In The Air in the film The Snowman, but he did have a top 10 hit with it.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What on earth have you got against Aled Jones, hes one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

Me said...

I have nothing against him. It's just he never sung it, and someone I know said they did AND THEY WERE WRONG! (Why I oughta!...)