01. Change Of Address - Boring John, World According to

Thursday, June 01, 2006

01. Change Of Address

The first day of June and, as promised, by very first un-procrastination (for want of a better expression), namely:

01. Complete my change of address

After several months of changing my address, before during and after my move to my new sunny home, I had just 4 companies to contact.

  • The obligatory junkmail; Italian wine from an Italian wine company I've never heard of (guess they must have 'purchased' my details from a wine company I have heard of!)
  • The inevitable follow-up mail from a not-so dirty weekend in Bristol -- hello Missus! -- courtesy of Superbreak.com
  • Save the Children? I only wanted to do my (modest) bit. But still the begging letters come... :-(
  • Amnesty International needs no introduction. You know what! They run a very efficient change of address service, for sure!
Why bother changing my address you say?

Yes, it's true that the ex-owner of my home has a much simpler change-of-address strategy; i.e. none. Instead, she simply tells me (eventually) to 'just ignore it, it's rubbish'. Okay, you know best, I think to myself, I'm sure the tax-man will find your new address, sooner or later! Hee hee!

Anyway, it really doesn't matter if I should or shouldn't un-procrastinate: I've been meaning to do it for a while, and now it's done!

So, until tomorrow, when I may well climb Mount Everest, talk to the trees, or even buy myself a new toothbrush (I kid you not!)

Adios.

No comments: