I don't like doing stuff I don't like! - Boring John, World According to

Friday, June 30, 2006

I don't like doing stuff I don't like!

I guess that's just my excuse for putting things off, for procrastinating.

Well can I tell you that I didn't like 'not procrastinating', not at all. It interfered with my days, interrupted my social life and was occasionally bloody annoying.

Anyway, with the help of a friend, I got the following done:

21. Put my "Storth Avenue" sign on my bedroom wall. (Yes, it might look silly to you -- should you ever get to see the inside of my bedroom!! -- but not to me!)

22. I made an appointment with the sports injury clinic. (My right knee hurts, my right calf gets sore, my left calf too. Anyone would think that I was gettin' on a bit!)

23. Put curtain blinds in bathroom. (You could easily see in from outside. It were embarrassing it was!)

24. Buy a new vacuum cleaner. (The old vac. really had sucked it's last bit of dust.)

25. Buy off-road running shoes

26. Buy running shorts. (Previously, I either ran in track-suit bottoms, Gunner Sugdens, or shorts so skimpy even the ex- blushed!)

27. Put two mirrors on the walls upstairs

28. Refitted the door to the store room, off the kitchen. (It now opens without scraping the floor!)

And, I don't care if you think if you think these are tenuous tasks, I started reading my gardening book (thanks, Alan Titchmarsh) and I have been exercising every other day.

29. and 30.

There. Done. Phew!

(We'll ignore the fact that I repeated one of the tasks! Spot it?)

I promise to try and not let things stack up, quite as much in the future. If only to avoid another month like June!

No comments: