4 Who? - Boring John, World According to

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

4 Who?

"Be the best that you can (Miss) Be?"

--

Can I just say that I don't intend to use this blog as a method of communicating to those lucky(!) individuals fortunate enough to read it.

That is not my style.

I am a Yorkshireman, after all -- Yorkshire is in England, which of course makes me an Englishman, too! -- and if there's owt us Yorkshire fowk are famous for it's our straight talkin'. So that means if I have something to say to you, then I'll say it directly, and not here!

I have never been a fan of what I would call the 'french cinema noir' type of communication, affected by a solemn glance or lowering of the eyes and nothing more! When I was not much older than in the photograph above, you'd often find me screaming at the TV "Why don't you just tell him your feelings?" or "Why don't you just tell her that it was all just a horrible mistake?", or...). Yes, I was quite adamant that the world would be a much better place if people would just be brave enough to say what was on their mind, un-guarded and open.

Yes I know the world doesn't work like that -- I was a little boy, remember! -- but it's a shame. Well, for me, anyway. Because my speciality is being un-guarded and open. (I wouldn't know how to lower my eyebrows mysteriously if you paid me (much to my chagrin).)

So, for the record, the text message below is for you if and only if you recognise it. Or, to be even more blunt - ay up! - if your name is Miss B. :-)

":-) Apologies. How demure. Anyway, you've worked hard today, u deserve a solid night's sleep with happy dreams. Close ur eyes. Relax. Smile. Sleep. X"

(I'm sure we all deserve to receive those sentiments, some days eh!)

No comments: