Miss Communication (Substantial Pink) - Boring John, World According to

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Miss Communication (Substantial Pink)

Pink will Always be Substantial to Me

There are many ways to communicate these days. Here are a few methods I have been involved in during the space of the last few days with friends C from France and M from Poland.

EMAIL to C

Subject: Blessed Communication

C

Thank you for your blessed communications.

Not that I look at things the same as you (I don't) but it's *really* good to start to understand this different way.

However, I'm going to be a little antagonistic in my response. (This used to be a way that I would learn more about something. Argue, question, and be devil's advocate! So, apologies now okay... ;-) )

Some questions...

1) Are you 'more friends than ever with Olivier' because he communicates *like you* now, because he no longer wants something from you that you can't give him, or...?

2) If you've been deceived by others in the past, why can't you simply(!) say so? Is it because you don't know that it's this previous deception that is affecting you, or the fact that you don't feel that you should have to say this. Or...?

(M has been deceived on many occasions in her past. She trusts no man (well, one - a man that saved her life!). She is still drawn to confident, deceptive men, and I think I am not her typical man. She doesn't trust me, either, thinking that 'still waters run deep', and that I could cause her even more damage than the other men...!)

3) Why do you think people are hurt too easily, and what is wrong with those people? (You yourself said that you were sensitive. Is this not just another kind of sensitivity?)

4) You say you are rude to friends/family when 'they don't do enough'. Enough what? 'They hide themselves behind long speeches...' - do they really hide, or is this just how they communicate, and isn't it just as valid as how you communicate?

5) 'They avoid 2 ask them selves the good questions to improve their being..!' Are you sure? Or is this just your assumption.

Personally speaking, I have never wanted to avoid how to improve my being. It might look this way as I struggle behind 'long speeches', but I'm just doing my best to communicate and be communicated with.

Just because I keep on making the same mistakes does not mean that I am not trying to stop making these mistakes. It's called having a lack of wisdom, and we are all unwise about some aspect of our lives. I have great wisdom in some areas, and am always happy to share it with others...

To be a little more harsh, C, it feels to me like you have little sympathy for people who cannot do what you can do so easily! I am probably guilty of this, too. (I always used to think that a bit of straight-talking would always help matters. Now I know better. What I don't know, though, is how else to communicate.)

We all have different skills, and just because we lack one skill does not mean we are not blessed with another. This is a mistake many people make.

One of my mottos in life: NEVER underestimate *anyone*!

In the very early days, M used to tell me that I was trying to 'stop the river from flowing' when I was trying to get her to explain herself to me, to open herself up to me. I sort of understood, but then I used to think, "Why is my 'river' not as valid as hers?"

Hallelujah! [To what you say]

The universe is amazing; just as amazing as you and I.

Again, I *really* have enjoyed hearing what you have to say about this. I apologise if my words above seem a little too aggressive. (M never liked it when I apologised! :-)) Forgive me, if that's the case - it's my way of finding out more, in *this* email.

I will revert to softer ways, in the future:-)

You have a great day, and weekend too

S

PS Re being creative, I think dancing is my creative outlet but I don't do it enough :-( Walking in Yorkshire also counts, and I do that a lot :-)

EMAIL to M

[What did you think to the photos? I think I look pale, and like a woman :-( Beardlessness doesn't suit me!]

INSTANT MESSENGERS
My Windows Messenger Display Name: What colour are your...?

M's Windows Messenger Display Name and Personal Message: Substandard Grey
Morituri te Ignoramus. Fly East...

WEBSITE - courtesy of M
[Removed by request of M]

WEBSITE (More... 'Here's one I made earlier') - Courtesy of Yours Truly

Mama

Kiss my hand;
blow in the air:
Find your Mama!
Find your Mama!

Walk my talk;
goin' nowhere:
Watch me Mama!
Watch me Mama!

Close my eyes;
dryin' my tear:
Whisper 'Mama!'
Whisper 'Mama!'

Beat my chest;
havin' no fear:
Tell your Mama!
Tell your Mama!

Share my smile;
think of You hear:
Wake up Mama!
Wake up Mama!

--------------------------------
(Repeat. Until Mama wakes up!)
---------------------------------

SMS 2 my friend C

I did think u were upset, actually, because i think i may have questioned u too aggressively :-) Not my intention. I think I have learned quite a lot about me from that email. Maybe u will learn from ur reply to me. U can see why I struggled to communicate with my Polish friend (who communicates like u).

EMAIL to C

Subject: Polish Communications

[Removed, but basically it explains the above tenuous connections and the reasons why the WEBSITE is about (whatever it's meant to be about!) :-)]

EMAIL to M

Do I have your permission to put your [WEBSITE] here

[answer: No, it's still a work in progress]

If not, and if I've done a bad thing, then I will take yourwords down immediately. Thanks for sharing, though!

--
Etc.

Ad infinitum
--
(Actually, this is also a work-in-progress.

There is something else I want to say. Just not sure how to go about sayin' it...)
--

Of course, you do realise...

Morituri te Ignoramus
("We are about to die, you idiot!")

No comments: