Actions and Words... - Boring John, World According to

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Actions and Words...

Verifying username and password...

Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated.

Redial? Cancel? More Info?

--

Hey ho.

Guess I best stop wasting time at Loopy Love -- I aint kidding, hanging out there really is a waste of time! Though I did meet someone once... -- and get back to business.

And today's business?

Writing 1000 words for me beloved blog.

What do I need?

Internet connection? Nope, don't need it, but I got it anyway!

Nice music to listen to? Yep, switching over from Radio 1 and Zane Lowe (too much talk, man!) to Nigel Kennedy's Vivaldi.

Ah, much better.

So what we about today?

Well, there's a couple of things I've writtend down in me blog scrapbook.

1) April 1st Creatures

Can't write that until April 1st, though. (Boy, have I had fun on this day the last two years. Or should that 'fun' word be changed to unpleasantness. [I'm rambling here - get on with it!]

Okay

2) Do actions speak louder than words?

Well, as it's not April 1st yet, I've got to try and come up with some angle on this.

If I'd been smart, I'd revert back to that speed-writing technique I mentioned previously.

In fact, that's what I'm going to do.

Let me just check my writequickly.com notes, and then I'll need 5 minutes to 'brain dump'.

And then, as they say, the fat lady will be coming over to my table with a fresh Budweiser Budvar, singing, strangely.

Okay, wait there.

(Damn those distractions... :-) )

...

Do actions speak louder than words

Help?

What does that word say to you? What kind of action could I take that would invoke the same meaning?

If I said I love you, what actions would I need to take that would make actions speak louder than words?

How do you know I despise you? A severe text message, perhaps? Ignoring you for year after year (I could just be forgetful)? A severe look? Or maybe because I tried to kill you the other day?

Seriously. What the hell does that saying mean?

'Actions speak louder than words?'

Obviously anyone can sweet talk any-nother-one into bed given the right circumstances, mood etc.

But then these words are most likely bolstered by some provocative body language.

(See. I'm contradicting myself. So confused am I by the dynamic relationship between actions and words.)

A love letter is meaningless?

Really?

Didn't I take action?

What about the actions of being silent, of saying nothing?

Are words really that useless, false and hollow, and not to be trusted?

(Can the politician in the audience please put his hand down!)

I've written and spoken some fine words, in the name of love, and I've meant them every time. If my actions subsequently have betrayed me does that mean my words were meaningless?

Why couldn't it be that my actions were meaningless?

I've known women who could 'walk the talk', as it were, but when their 'movie time' arrives, a stronger force comes to play, and they act out the 'wrong character'l; they let fear eat away love.

(And we all know that love eats away fear!)

Do I blame them for their unwise actions, actions that did not reflect their words?

Or do I accept that we are all flawed characters, both strong and weak, and sometimes our actions bely our words.

Do I get cross at the person who can't express their feelings in words only?

Or do I accept that words can be twisted, turned and statistically turned into whatever suits?

Why do we value words over actions?

Why do we value actions over words?

I say this to anyone listening -- my 5-minute alarm is sounding, by the way -- who says that actions speak louder than words?

Let them prove it to me.

Let me see their one thousand word essay on teacher's desk first thing on Monday morn'.

Failing that, let them come up north and Give Us A Kiss!

PS Not only are you unconvinced by my piece on words and action, it only amounts to less than 700 words. Cor blimey!

No comments: